We are dedicated to assisting you in finding the right property, as we understand that this can be an exhausting process. Please see the below helpful hints and tips to make your search and eventual application that much easier.
Finding the Right Property
The rental market is very tight and often moves quickly. With a vacancy rate of commonly under 2%, it will pay to make sure you are organised well before a) you need to move and b) before you view a property, you are aware of what is required to make a successful application.
We conduct open for inspections on all our available rental properties per week. We commonly advertise these open times online. Once you identify a property you wish to view, make sure you email or call our office to register your interest so we can add you to our enquiries register.
Contact our Property Management team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 5447 2021
Tips to a Successful Application
Firstly, download the Tenancy Application Formand make sure all your contact information and identification is ready to go. Please note you’ll need Adobe Reader to open the Application Form and add your details – if you don’t have it on your computer, please click here to download it.
Here is what you will need:
- Full contact information of all proposed occupants including mobile phone numbers and email addresses
- Current residential address information
- Details of all pets (if any) including type, size and whether they are kept inside or outside
- Vehicle registration numbers for all proposed occupants and whether any of the occupants are smokers or not
- Personal References, to be on the safe side its best to have 2 personal references that are already written and available to be attached to the application
- Employment Details, name of your employer and payroll contact details. We do need to call and confirm employment
- Employment and/or Work Reference, this needs to be different to the payroll contact
Identification – 100 points required
- Proof of Income/Pay Slips (Compulsory)
- Current Bank Statement (Compulsory)
- Centrelink Statement (Compulsory)
- Photo of all pets (if any) (Compulsory)
- Proof of Address (Electricity / Phone Bill) – 40 points
- Photo ID (Drivers License) – 25 points
- Current Passport – 70 points
- Birth Certificate – 70 points
- Bank/Medicare Cards – 25 points each
- Copy of Residential Rates Notice – 25 points
Please note, if you have Pets you will also need to fill out our Pet Application Form.
How we process your application
- Before submitting your application, you or someone on your behalf will need to view the property and accept you would like to apply for the property in its current condition
- Your application will be processed during normal business hours, we do require 2 business days to process
- After checking, your application is submitted to the owner for their decision- their decision is final.
Should your application be successful
- You will not be committed to the property until you view and agree to the relevant Tenancy Agreement and its terms. Once agreed, you are committed to the property and are required to pay 2 weeks rent within 24hrs-48 hours to secure the property. The property will not be removed from our availability list until the rent is paid and the agreement is fully signed.
- Once the commencement date is agreed, it can not be changed.
- Before moving in, you are required to pay your bond, equivalent to 4 weeks rent. We do not accept bond transfers, however QLD housing bond loans will be accepted once approved.
- We are a cashless office and therefore require electronic payment of rent; here we recommend the BPAY payment system.
- Our office will make an appointment with you in our office to sign the relevant tenancy documentation. These appointments can be made weekdays between 8.30am – 5pm, allow 30mins for this.